Below is a list of useful web links and resources regarding rural health, diabetes, hearth health, drug interactions, and more.
Get more information below.
Health Resource Links
- Detailed site with information about prevention and managing the different types of diabetes.
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- Connect with others or find useful guides for navigating some of the trickier moments of life with type 1 diabetes.
- dLife is a community network with a wealth of information to give you the answers you need to manage your diabetes health.
This ADA-sponsored, interactive nutrition site allows diabetes patients to create meal plans, find recipes, and research foods they can eat.
Heart Health and Nutrition
- The American Heart Association’s patient portal on heart disease supplies, information, tools, videos, recipes, exercise tips, and expert advice for patients with heart disease and their families.
Baylor Scott & White Heart Healthy Diet
- Baylor Scott & White Heart and Vascular Hospital’s educational guide to heart healthy eating.
Tampa General Hospital Heart Healthy Diet
- American Heart Association approved recipes for a heart healthy diet.
- Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products.
- This site provides an easy-to-use drug interactions checker, and an innovative pill identification wizard that allows patients to enter the shape, color, and imprint of their mystery pill and view photographs of potential matches to identify the medication.
Get easy-to-read, accurate descriptions of conditions, causes, symptoms, and treatments with links to relevant research. For instance, someone looking up bone cancer would be linked to the bone cancer page on the National Cancer Institute Web site. Lots of Spanish-language materials available as well.
Sponsored by the American Academy of Family Physicians, this site presents broader information on the patient experience, not only offering information on conditions and treatments, but tips for patients on choosing a doctor, understanding medical bills, navigating insurance coverage, and advocating for themselves. Also provides helpful information on children’s health and development issues, from toilet training to dog bites to acne.
Provides well-organized information on diseases, treatments, procedures, drugs, and current research. What sets this site apart is its use of multimedia formats: check out the very cool interactive tools, video health talks, online health chats, podcasts, and webcasts.
As well as offering patients information on wellness, diseases, drugs, and other health topics, this site has an extensive searchable medical encyclopedia with cool pictures and diagrams and a medical dictionary that gives spelling and pronunciation tips. It also offers health information in more than 40 languages.
Over 200 million people turn to healthline every month for information on health conditions, medications, lifestyle tips, and to join a community of people striving to live healthier. Tap into their many resources from health and wellness libraries, apps, podcasts, and communities.
The Rural Health Information Hub, formerly the Rural Assistance Center, is funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy to be a national clearinghouse on rural health issues. We are committed to supporting healthcare and population health in rural communities.
The OSU Center for Rural Health enhances the quality of life for rural and underserved Oklahoma communities through the development of medical and public health workforce programs, research, policy and community engagement.
Better Health Care is Our Mission
Every day brings a chance to do things a little better than the day before.
At Rural Wellness Stroud, we are working hard to meet the needs of our community. You'll see it in improvements, both large and small. You'll feel it with the addition of new staff and enhanced services. And you'll know it from quality and safety of patient care.
Today and everyday, we are here for you.
2308 Highway 66 W, Stroud, OK 74079
2308 Highway 66 W, Stroud, OK 74079
(918) 968-3571 or contact us
Patients & Visitors
Rural Wellness Fairfax
Rural Wellness Anadarko
Rural Wellness, Inc.
AVEM Health Partners